Monday, July 31, 2017

Nondual Teachers and Sickness

The following is an excerpt from a transcribed talk for nondual teachers by David Hoffmeister.



One time I had symptoms where I started feeling this nauseousness and this sick kind of feeling when I was doing all my mind training. As a one of the nondual teachers, I was watching my thoughts, and the thoughts were oh it feels like I am getting sick, feels like I am catching the flu, oh my Dad just had the flu, oh so did my Grandmother, I probably caught the flu from them.  I was just watching all my thoughts and then I put a plate of food in the microwave to heat it up, put it in there and it was heating and then I started thinking oh no, the nauseous feeling started coming and I was thinking oh no, now I am not going to get to eat the plate of food, just watching my thoughts with everything. I at least had taught myself to watch my mind by that point, just watch the thoughts, like watching all the thoughts. Then the diarrhea feeling hit really hard, with the flu symptoms and then the nauseousness and then the diarrhea and I went running down the hallway to run to the toilet and everything and I got in, put my pants down, still watching my thoughts and as I sat there I went what is my lesson, what is my Course lesson for the day?  It was lesson 136. Sickness is a defense against the truth.  Interesting timing for that lesson.  No coincidences here. So then you know how Jesus says in the Course, he says let related thoughts come to your mind from the lesson.  



So I am sitting on the toilet with my nauseous feeling and my diarrhea feeling and everything. Now I have got my lesson for the day. Yay, I am good, a helpful thought.  I missed all the flu thoughts, and catching germs and the feelings.  And here comes, here we go, Jesus on the white horse to the rescue and here he comes. So I thought okay, sickness is a defense against the truth, now this is what we are talking about, be practical. So then I started to let related thoughts come and one of them was sickness is a decision. I thought well that is interesting. Kind of counteracts catching the flu bug. Sickness is a decision of mind.  And then I let another thought start to trickle in and another one is coming in and it is like you choose sickness, you choose sickness, you choose the symptom when you are afraid of love.  Just what we have been talking about today.  Ah ha. See how right minded that is when Christ comes to the rescue, it is always there for us nondual teachers, we just have to let the thoughts in.  And then you are afraid of love and therefore you think that this will help mitigate, you think that you can kind of punish yourself instead of being punished by God. What kind of a crazy view of God, you see how twisted it is; it is as if God would punish anyone. But we have believed it you know, look at our religions, drill it in. So ah ha, I am choosing a small self, I am choosing the flu, I am choosing nausea, I am choosing diarrhea instead of the condemnation and judgment of God. Ahhh so I think I have chosen smaller, safer. Oh that is a sneaky trick that would not escape nondual teachers.


To learn more about the teachings, nondual teachers, and David Hoffmeister, please visit his website at http://www.nondualteacher.info


No comments:

Post a Comment