Thursday, July 27, 2017

Nondual Teachers Perspective on Decisions—David Hoffmeister


Enjoy the following excerpt taken from a transcribed talk by David Hoffmeister for Non dual Teachers.
It is kind of funny some cultures we celebrate birth and we, the ego is grieving death. Then you can find some other cultures, like in New Orleans, where they actually dance and party when someone dies. There are actually some cultures where they grieve when there is a newborn. You see how flipped? It is all relative. We cannot say that it is all this way because it is much ado about nothing.

As long as we start to take the form seriously, like divorce, one man was saying to me oh my wife, my daughter, my children, are all upset about this divorce that is coming about. He said "what do you think, what do you think about this divorce?" I said "yeah it is a decision and I honor all decisions.” When somebody tells me they are getting divorced I am like oh okay, or if somebody tells me they are getting married, okay, or if somebody tells me I am going to commit suicide or check out, okay.
Non dual Teachers have to start to realize everything is mind and everything is a decision and who are we to tell anybody anything really? Who are we to give advice or make a pronouncement when they say I am getting a divorce? We should be loving, kind, supportive.

I was called down to South America a number of years ago and I was invited to come down and then all of the sudden I started getting phone messages, don't come, it is terrible, my husband went off with another woman and we are talking divorce now. It was a whole tour the Holy Spirit was having me do down in Argentina and this affair thing, they thought the Holy Spirit was like oh stop the whole tour, potential divorce going on here. I said no,no, I bought the tickets.

So I go down there and the husband that was off with another woman and the wife, they both picked me up in the same car. Her name was Maria Christina Uare, Mary Christ you are. His name was Alberto but she adored him so much she just called him the King. The King found another woman. But I had always known him so I go down, they both pick me up, and I go oh Maria, oh Maria, oh King. So I hugged the King and my whole trip down there was simply a simple demonstration that what do we do....love the lord thy God and love thy neighbor as myself.

How would Jesus interact with them? Do you think Jesus would go oh I heard you had an affair? No way. I was just loving, loving, loving, loving, even when the children would come to me and go David you don't understand, and he is still living in the house, oh, oh, oh. I said these are decisions, we have to honor and respect decisions. Everything is decisions but it is only when we have the filter of judgment where we come in and go awe that is a terrible decision. We are here to forgive and to love, period. And so me going down there was very transformation for everyone involved. It simply gave everyone permission to let all their emotions come up and face their emotions and face their decisions. And I kept ringing the bell of innocence, remember we are innocent, everyone is innocent. If one is guilty guess what that means for the rest?
To learn more about nondual teacher David Hoffmeister, please visit http://nondualteacher.info/

No comments:

Post a Comment